This policy applies on and from 25 May 2018
This policy has been updated in light of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a Regulation of the European Union that comes into force on 25 May 2018. (For reference, you can view the previous policy by following the link at the bottom of this page).
Keeping your data safe
Who’s in control?
What Data do we collect and where from?
We may collect Data from visitors to our website and other social media platforms.
The Data We collect falls into the following categories:
- Location information;
- Information about your vehicle;
- Contact Details.
Your Data is collected when you submit an enquiry, register an account, when you place an order, when you otherwise contact us either by telephone, email or face to face.
This Data is either gathered directly from you via the enquiry form/account registration/order form or telephone or face to face (either at the workshop or an event) or from automated methods.
We process Data you provide directly to Us, when you complete an enquiry form on the ‘Contact Us’ page, create an account, place an order, request customer support or otherwise communicate with Us. This Data includes the following:
- Your full name
- Your company name (if applicable)
- Your postal address
- Your delivery address (if different)
- A contact phone number
- Your email address
- In some cases, your vehicle details (type, model, year, drive)
We may combine Data you provide Us with Data that is collected through automated methods.
You have the ability to decline cookies when you land on our website. You can also destroy cookies if you wish, since they are stored on your hard drive.
What do We use your Data for?
The General Data Protection Regulation states that we have to tell you the legal basis that we rely on to process your personal Data for the purposes that we have notified to you. We use your Data for the following reasons:
- To respond to specific enquiries received directly from you;
- To manage and administer your order and deliver the goods in a timely manner;
- To provide excellent customer service;
- To provide, maintain and improve on the information, products and services we provide;
- To monitor and analyse website usage and product trends.
Who do we share your Data with?
We do need to share your personal Date with some third parties, in particular, our suppliers. The reason for sharing this information is:
- For delivery purposes;
- For Guarantee and warranty purposes;
- In response to a request for information if we are required by, or believe disclosure is required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including in connection with lawful requests by law enforcement, national security, or other public authorities.
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights under Data Protection Law. We will ask for proof of identity and may require more information before responding to the request.
We will respond to any ‘requests to exercise your rights’ as soon as we can within 28 days from receiving the request and necessary proof of identification or further information. If the request is to late longer than 28 days for any reason, you will be notified in writing of the likely response time.
You can request a copy of the personal Data that we hold about you. The request must be made in writing and proof of identity must be provided.
You have a right to ask Us to delete your personal Data. The request must be made in writing and proof of identity must be provided.
104 Shaw Road